Many factors contribute to building both individual and herd immunity from an infectious disease. Natural herd immunity can be effective with most infectious diseases, however this may or may not work with this engineered strain of COVID-19.
Japan, Sweden and Taiwan seem to have managed COVID-19 without the lockdowns and extreme measures implemented by the U.S. and other countries.
Until exposure reaches a critical mass in the population, herd immunity cannot be developed. Herd immunity will not develop swiftly if all those testing positive for COVID-19 are either quarantined or kept isolated.
The tried and tested way of managing the risk posed by a new infectious disease is for the majority of the population to get infected, then recover, gradually building up herd immunity.
In the past, common infectious diseases such as mumps, measles, rubella and chickenpox, built individual immunity by introducing our children to others infected with these diseases to enhance resistance and build immunity as young as possible while their youthfully vital immune systems were strong, thus resilient.
At the beginning of this pandemic, both those infected with COVID-19 and healthy people were isolated and “quarantined” on the Princess Cruise ships for several weeks, thereby guaranteeing exposure in a closed system which resulted in even more infections.
This crazy experiment was not a true quarantine as all of the occupants shared the same heating and cooling system. It seems at the onset that no government or health official knew how best to treat COVID-19, but many went ahead and took drastic steps anyway. This was not sound public health policy.
This quarantine experiment was compounded by the fact that the Princess Cruise ships had very recently launched their 5G wireless on-board systems which likely augmented the detrimental effects of COVID-19 due to the ongoing exposure to high levels of 5G radiation deployed on these particular cruise ships.
Will quarantines and lockdowns ultimately help or hurt us to overcome COVID-19? From a historical perspective, in the case of leprosy, these quarantines did not help.
The notion of quarantining an entire population through lockdowns such as stay-at-home and shelter-in-place, is quite non-sensical and inhumane. Contrary to other historical quarantines, this protocol isolates the healthy, rather than the sick, from those possibly infected with COVID-19. This non-sensical approach prevents herd immunity from being developed.
If individual or herd immunity is the ultimate goal, then perhaps exposure in the general population is the best way, thereby allowing healthy people to develop immunity among the community.
If COVID-19 still exists, as it may have already petered out, it may be prudent to continue to isolate and quarantine the most vulnerable, elderly populations for their protection, the aged and those with pre-existing conditions.
This seems to be how nature has always functioned. Nature will continue to do so regardless of what walls we attempt to build around ourselves and each other to protect ourselves from COVID-19.
Australian disease expert and Professor Peter Collignon from the Australian National University Medical School asserts that you are safer outside than inside a building, or inside a cruise ship cabin, and keeping people locked indoors is counterproductive. What does herd immunity teach us about freedom?
Natural Immunity is Possible
If we conclude COVID-19 was not naturally occurring, there may be no natural immunity to the COVID-19 virus except for the fact that SARS-CoV, a relative of COVID-19, had already been introduced into the human population a decade ago.
Now, that SARS-CoV2 has been introduced and millions of people have recovered, a great degree of natural immunity may now be possible.
Scientists have wondered whether immunity to the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 would be long-lasting. An article from GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance suggests that it may be.
Plus, those who take the annual influenza shots are far more likely to test positive for the generic coronavirus test. Dr. Allan Cunningham showed a correlation between COVID-19 deaths and 65+ year olds who received the influenza vaccine.
Many people who are asymptomatic may have already been exposed to COVID-19’s cousin and developed partial or total immunity. This seems plausible given the Stanford antibody study which demonstrated that a large percentage of the population had already developed antibodies and gained immunity without direct exposure from COVID-19.
A positive test result simply shows that one may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that one has antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.
Scientists have also discovered patients who had recovered from infection with COVID-19, but mysteriously did not have any antibodies against it. This may be the case for a significant number of people.
Therefore, immunity may be developed by human immune systems through either gradual exposure in the general population, or by other methods.
The frenetic push for a COVID- 19 vaccine is absolutely absurd since a vaccine is likely neither the most effective or healthiest long-term solution. Typical vaccine ingredients have inherent health problems and side effects which are not being taken into account by the U.S. government, public health officials or much of the public at large. Let’s not rush blindly into a vaccine-only mindset simply to make a few billionaires even richer.
Lockdowns & Shelter-in-Place
“Lockdowns” or “shelter-in-place” policies that isolate entire families in their homes is an unwholesome, unhealthy and narrow-minded notion. This meme arose from the term “lockdown” in prison, which happens when a violent incident occurs and every prisoner must return to their cell, or in this case, home. By using the term “lockdown”, our political leaders are conditioning us to follow orders and in essence, imprisoning us in our homes.
Theoretically, a lockdown isolates people, and thereby also amplifies any stress and economic or psychological hardships at home. Consequentially, these conditions suppress the human immune system, thereby making one more vulnerable to COVID-19.
The huge collateral damage from lockdowns has become crystal clear. How many millions of people have suffered economic losses, job losses and social losses from this lockdown? How many children are behind in school during the critical years of early education? How many families were separated? How many elders died alone in nursing homes? How many others in countries far from the U.S. are now facing starvation and poverty because of this global lockdown?
Dr. David Navarro from WHO appealed to world leaders, telling them to stop “using lockdowns as your primary control method for the coronavirus.” He also claimed that the only thing lockdowns achieved was poverty – with no mention of the lives saved.
The U.S. states and cities with the highest alleged infection rates were locked down the hardest and the longest including New York, Los Angeles and Seattle.
Sweeping lockdowns across the U.K. may could lead to more COVID-19 deaths and a prolonging of the pandemic than if the government were to let herd immunity build up in young populations, a new study suggests.
A U.S. Epidemiologist Knut Wittkowski, previously the longtime head of the Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design at the Rockefeller University in New York City, contends that coronavirus could be exterminated if lockdowns were lifted.
Lockdowns, as public health policy are actually quite senseless. They did not work in the past with other pandemics including leprosy and the plague. Lockdown measures were never introduced (or even suggested) by the CDC during the 1957 or 1968 influenza pandemics.
A former WHO director and Professor Karol Sikora, an oncologist and chief medical officer at Rutherford Health claims that COVID-19 could “burn out naturally”. Read “600 Physicians say lockdowns are a mass casualty event”.
Furthermore, lockdowns cost human lives and paved the way for extreme civil unrest while the moral authority of the U.S. and other countries dissolves in chaos. Some say that “liberty and freedom” will be the greatest and final casualty of this pandemic.
Even though lockdowns, stay-at-home and shelter-in-place orders are beginning to expire after the 30-day limit of state emergency declarations take effect, or they are opening up, state by state, country by country, depending on the will of the political leaders and the resistance of the citizens, much of the permanent damage to the economy and personal liberty has already been done. Lockdowns were a failed experiment.
- The Economist | Japan has achieved this success without strict lockdowns or mass testing—the main weapons in the battle against COVID-19 elsewhere.
- MSN | Sweden claims coronavirus success; FEE | Sweden’s COVID-19 strategy; Stuff | Rest of the world is a reckless experiment; YouTube | What’s really happening in Sweden; Daily Wire | 5 things you need to know about Swedens coronavirus response; Newsweek | Sweden, sees COVID-19 cases plummet as rest of Europe suffers spike.
- Off Grid Survival | No lockdowns in Taiwan; The Epoch Times | As of Aug. 9, 2020 Taiwan had 480 confirmed COVID-19 cases and seven deaths, despite its close proximity (81 miles) to mainland China. US and Taiwan Sign Landmark Agreement on Health Cooperation.
- The Spectator | The Great Barrington Declaration is a petition started by three scientists calling for governments to adopt a policy of ‘focused protection’ when it comes to Covid-19; News Australia | WHO joins the Great Barrington Declaration by condemning lockdowns.
- Satellite Today | Princess Cruises to have first fleet with SES’s O3bmPower network (i.e., 5G) just prior to the outbreak of COVID-19.
- NPR | In the case of leprosy; Liberty International Blog.
- Canberra Times | An Australian disease expert says you are safer inside than outside.
- Daily Wire | What does herd immunity teach us about freedom?
- Mercola | Natural Immunity to COVID Will Get You a Vaccine Exemption With Spectrum Health.
- GAVI | Natural immunity to COVID-19 may be long-lasting.
- Envirowatch Rangitikei | The correlation between COVID-19 deaths per million of population and 65+ year olds that have received influenza vaccines is real. Dr. Allan S. Cunningham presented the challenge and here are the results.
- KTLA | Stanford antibody study estimates COVID-19 infected 50 to 85 times more people than testing identified in Santa Clara County.
- CDC | A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19.
- BBC | The clues have been mounting for a while. First, scientists discovered patients who had recovered from infection with Covid-19, but mysteriously didn’t have any antibodies against it.
- The Epoch Times | Shelter-in-place is the verbiage of “war”.
- Trending Politics | Global unemployment has spiked. Hundreds of millions of children have missed school, often for months. Families have been kept apart. And much of the damage is still to come,” The Economist recently noted.
- PBS | Due to COVID-19 hundreds of millions of people are on the verge of starvation.
- News Australia | Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer; RT.com | World Bank says COVID-19 will push 150 million into extreme poverty.
- MSN | Herd immunity would save more lives than strict COVID-19 lockdown, study says.
- The College Fix | Coronavirus could be exterminated if lockdowns were lifted.
- CDC | Interim Pre-Pandemic Planning Guidance: Community Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Mitigation in the United States (2007).
- Yahoo | Former WHO director claims COVID-19 could burn out naturally.
- Forbes | 600 Physicians say lockdowns are a mass casualty event; Liberty International Blog.
- MISES | Lockdowns cost human lives; Ron Paul Institute | While the moral authority of the State dissolves in chaos.
- The Epoch Times | Liberty, the last casualty of the pandemic; Liberty International Blog.
- The Epoch Times | Reopening states across the USA.
- Wall Street Journal | The failed experiment of COVID-19 lockdowns; Liberty International Blog.
Source: Dawning of the Corona Age: Navigating the Pandemic by Johnny Freedom, p.28-32
ORDER YOUR COPY NOW!
- Dawning of the Corona Age: Navigating the Pandemic by Johnny Freedom
- PDF 3rd Edition 1.3 with 768 Live Links
- $10 PDF ~ EBOOK
- Dawning of the Corona Age: Navigating the Pandemic by Johnny Freedom